Contract Lifting From Gatwick Group
Gatwick Group’s contract lifting services protect you from the significant risks involved with any lifting operations by placing it in the hands of fully insured professionals.
Our highly skilled operatives are trained to meet the most stringent operational health & safety requirements and complex and specialised challenges:
- Working airside in aviation
- Working trackside on railways
- Confined space and time critical construction sites
- Lifting difficult or hazardous loads in heavy industry.
“All our contract lifting is carried out in full compliance with the two key current standards:
- The newly-revised BS7121 standard on Safe Use of Cranes and Lorry Loaders
- LOLER – Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations.
Our teams are capable of project managing the entire lifting operation on your behalf and include the key responsibility roles demanded by BS7121:
- Appointed Person: the team leader responsible for planning the lift and carrying out risk assessment and method statement
- Crane or Lift Supervisor: an on-site leader to direct the actual lifting operation and with authority to halt the lift if necessary
- Slinger/Signaller: the professionals responsible for attaching load correctly and also for maintaining communications with crane operator during the lift
All these key figures must work together with the Crane Operator to ensure your lift goes ahead safely and within your specific requirements.
Full management service
Gatwick Group will undertake all associated administrative procedures on your behalf such as Site Specific Risk Assessment and Method Statements, Lift Plans, Road Closures, Lift Permits, and provide relevant insurances.
We plan all contract lift solutions using our integrated management system, which has been audited via the Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance scheme to ISO9001, ISO 14001 and BS OH SAS 18001.