Gatwick Group’s contract lifting services there is no need for your business to take on the significant risks involved with any lifting operations. By placing lifting operations in the hands of our team of dedicated, fully insured professionals, you can be sure that lifting operations are carried out to the highest standards at an agreed cost.
Our highly skilled operatives are trained to meet the most stringent operational health & safety requirements as well as deal with complex and specialised challenges:
- Working airside in aviation
- Working trackside on railways
- Confined space and time critical construction sites
- Lifting difficult or hazardous loads in heavy industry.
All our contract lifting is carried out in full compliance with two key current standards:
- BS7121 standard on Safe Use of Cranes and Lorry Loaders
- LOLER – Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations.
We can manage the entire lifting project on your behalf, making sure to include all of the key responsibility roles demanded by BS7121. These are:
- Appointed Person: the team leader responsible for planning the lift, carrying out a comprehensive risk assessment and creating a method statement
- Crane or Lift Supervisor: the on-site leader who directs the lifting operation, with authority to halt the lift if necessary
- Slinger/Signaller: responsible for attaching load correctly and for maintaining communications with the crane operator during the lift
All these key figures must work together with the crane operator to ensure your lift goes ahead safely and within your specific requirements.
Full management service
Gatwick Group will undertake all associated administrative procedures on your behalf such as Site Specific Risk Assessment and Method Statements, Lift Plans, Road Closures, Lift Permits, and provide relevant insurances.
We plan all contract lift solutions using our integrated management system, which has been audited via the Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance scheme to ISO9001, ISO 14001 and BS OH SAS 18001.